Haesindang ‘Fertility park’ aka 'Penis Park'

Haesindang ‘Fertility park’ aka ‘Penis Park’

By Emma O’Flynn The conundrum of Korea continues.  On one hand you have the super-conservative society, where showing a bit of cleavage sends the locals into moral spasms. Then on the other extreme, you can find a park dedicated entirely to penises!!! Yes, nestled away in a quiet fishing village is the Haesindang ‘Fertility park’, […]

Sokcho & Soraksan

Sokcho & Soraksan

By Emma O’Flynn An hour or so further north from Gangneung is the town of Sokcho, on the edge of Soraksan National Park.  Considered one of the premier parks in all of Korea, Soraksan provides both opportunities for short hikes (2-4 hours), and more significant hikes, like the peak walk which can take up to […]

 Samcheok & Donghae

Samcheok & Donghae

By Emma O’Flynn In Samcheok there is a small Tourist Information booth next to the bus terminal, which provides information on the local bus schedule for Haesindang, and where to catch it close by.  Additionally in this area the largest limestone caves in Korea, Hwanseon Donggul caves,are within a short distance, and served by regular […]

Vagina Monologues 4th Year in Busan

Vagina Monologues 4th Year in Busan

We are proud to bring you Busan’s 4th production of The Vagina Monologues. All the proceeds from the monologues and connected events go to charity, 90% of which will go to local women’s shelters right here in Busan, the other 10% to the global V-day cause. The award-winning play is based on V-Day Founder/playwright Eve […]

A Day in Dongnae

A Day in Dongnae

By KELLY WHITE There’s a little history hidden in the middle of Dongnae, one of the oldest parts of Busan and the city’s former center of government and power, but you have to be willing to look for it. Tucked back into the Dongnae’s mazes of alleys, apartments, and shops of all shapes and sizes […]

Galmaetgil Trails 갈매길

Galmaetgil Trails 갈매길

By LAURA TEAGUE   The Galmaetgil trails span across Busan, about half of them wind along the extensive coastline, giving them the name “Seagull Path” in Hangeul. They explore all the best that this wonderful city of ours has to offer, the whole shebang covers around 270km, so where to start? Here’s your super awesome and helpful guide […]

Charlie Brown Cafe PNU

Charlie Brown Cafe PNU

By JULIAN STOUT To be perfectly frank South Korea has more than enough options for buying a cup of coffee. Cafes are  a dime a dozen, ranging from your one-on-every-street-corner, ubiquitous corporate conglomerate of convenience, to the prolific hole in a wall coffee corners stacked one atop the other; each positively glowing in its carefully […]

Loving Hut's (near) Nampodong Location

Loving Hut’s (near) Nampodong Location

**UPDATED 4/25/2014: CHECK OUT THE COMMENTS FOR THE LOCATION OF THE NEW ONE NEAR GUDEOK STADIUM!!   Note, this location is closer to Dongdaesin than Nampodong! By: Emma O’Flynn Calling all vegetarians!  Life in Korea can be challenging as a vegetarian, even more so as a vegan.  So when friend introduced me to Loving Hut in […]

Galmaetgil Course 3 Part 2

Galmaetgil Course 3 Part 2

By Laura Teague   This has to be one of my favourite walks so far. The first part of Course 3 was something of a let down, all the road walking and not too many hidden sights. So it was with slight reluctance that we continued the following week, expecting more of the same city […]

Galmaetgil Course 3 Part 1

Galmaetgil Course 3 Part 1

By Laura Teague This walk is easy and fairly flat the whole way, it’s along a paved road the whole way, so it’s not too difficult. It is however, slightly disappointing as a Galmaetgil trail, it’s next to the road the entire way, and doesn’t go through too many unique or natural places. The walk’s […]